I love to make things, including some of my own skin care products!
Toner is used after cleansing as an extra step to bring added nutrients and antioxidants to the skin. Toner is easy and inexpensive to make with ingredients you may already have in your kitchen! I have been making this toner for years, my skin just loves it! I have shared this recipe with a few friends who have fallen in love with it as well. I hope you like it too!
- Green tea
- Aloe Vera Juice (not gel)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Tea Tree Oil
- Honey (preferably raw)
- empty 3 oz bottle (can be found in the travel section)
- small funnel (to make pouring easier)
1. Brew Green Tea at double strength. I use 2 tea bags for 8 oz (1 cup) of hot water. Let it steep until almost cool. (This would make green tea way too bitter for drinking, but we want to get as many antioxidants out of it as possible.)
2. Using funnel, pour 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) of Green Tea into empty bottle.
3. Add 1/4 teaspoon of honey to bottle. Replace cap on bottle and shake well until honey is completely dissolved.
4. Remove cap from bottle and add 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) Aloe Vera juice to bottle.
5. Add 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) Apple Cider Vinegar to bottle.
6. Add 15-20 drops of Tea Tree Oil to bottle.
7. Replace cap on bottle and shake well.
That’s it! This is simple and quick to make. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and the honey does not leave my face feeling sticky at all. If you have open skin anywhere on your face (scratch, spot, etc) the vinegar will cause a slight sting. It does have a distinctive vinegar and Tea Tree Oil smell when first applied, but the scent quickly fades as it dries. I use this twice a day after cleansing my face (with my favorite cleanser from this post), in the morning and evening. I also use it to mix up face masks. Stay tuned for posts on that!
I hope you enjoyed this DIY skin care tip! Have a great day!